American Airlines Enhances Admirals Club Lounge and Flagship Lounge at London Heathrow Airport
American Airlines today announced the completion of extensive renovations to both the Admirals Club Lounge and the Flagship Lounge at London Heathrow Airport. Located in Terminal 3 at Gate H, the state-of-the-art facilities span more than 19,000 square feet and offer customers a relaxing oasis to conduct business or rest while traveling through one of the world's busiest airports.
"The newly-renovated Heathrow lounge will further enhance the customer experience for our valued members, whether they are traveling between the U.S. and Europe or connecting beyond Heathrow," said Nancy Knipp, American's President – Admirals Club. "We believe that this refurbishment – the largest airport lounge renovation American has ever done – shows American's dedication to consistently reinvesting in our products and services in an effort to better meet the needs of all of our members and guests."
Built with comfort and convenience in mind, new furnishings sit atop terrazzo, carpet, stone, and porcelain tile flooring. The remodeled Admirals Club lounge offers seating for 237 visitors and the Flagship Lounge, which doubled in size, offers seating for 134. An abundance of natural light complemented by specialty fixtures provide the space with a brighter appearance.
The new facilities boast up-to-date amenities such as:
- Improved multi-functional business center with brand-new HP personal computers with complimentary high-speed Internet access, PC data ports, printers, copiers and fax service
- A global printing solution, powered by PrinterOn, that allows guests to submit print jobs via e-mail or webpage uploads from any location and retrieve them in the lounge
- Complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi access throughout facilities powered by BT Openzone
- Cyber cafe with HP PCs with high-speed Internet access
- Portable laptop tables and a "sit-down" laptop counter in the bar/TV area featuring Ethernet ports with complimentary high-speed Internet access
- Both U.K. and U.S. power outlets
- Flat panel televisions
- Spa-like shower facilities with private showers, complete with towels, shampoo, body gels and blow-dryers, as well as shower caps and razors upon request
- Children's room with a flat panel TV, computers and age-appropriate software, inside the Admirals Club lounge
- An enhanced food and beverage offering provided by London's renowned "rhubarb" restaurants and catering allows visitors to re-energize with freshly-prepared hot and cold food selections available throughout the day, including homemade soups, entrees, salads and desserts
- Complimentary coffee and specialized coffee drinks, tea, soft drinks, juices and a variety snacks are also offered throughout the club
- Assistance from Premium Services Representatives with reservations, seat selection, upgrades and boarding passes
The Heathrow Admirals Club lounge is open daily from 5:45 a.m. to 8 p.m., and the Flagship Lounge operates daily from 6 a.m. to 8:45 p.m. One-year Admirals Club individual memberships for new members range from $350 to $500. AAdvantage miles can also be used to purchase Admirals Club memberships. One-day passes are available for $50 and may be purchased online, at self-service check-in machines, or any Admirals Club location.
American, a founding member of the global oneworld® Alliance, operates more than 44 Admirals Club locations and five Flagship Lounge locations in airports throughout the world. In June, American will complete extensive renovations to its Boston Logan Admirals Club lounge and last year American completed refurbishments to its H/K Admirals Club lounge at Chicago O'Hare. Further recent reinvestments include the opening of two new Admirals Club lounges – one at Raleigh/Durham in October 2008 and one at Washington Dulles in February 2009. Additionally, a new Flagship Lounge opened in Miami in December 2008. For more information on Admirals Club lounges, including Admirals Club membership and one-day pass information, log on to www.aa.com/admiralsclub.